JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How do I make invitations in PSE?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How do I make invitations in PSE?
keshipley1
Pumped from Using the mouse!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How do I make invitations in PSE? 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
I will be sending my sons formal graduation invitations out soon and would like to make an extra card to slip in with them inviting folks to a party we are having for him. I just want something small and was wondering if there is an easy way to create one invite but copy it so I am printing 4 to a page with crop marks for easy cutting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Katie

Logged Logged

Katie
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pesc
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
Gender: Female Pescbrico Location: Baie-Comeau Birthday: 01/23
Re:How do I make invitations in PSE? 2 Years, 3 Months ago  
I'm not sure if it will be of any help but I like making invitation in a photo format 4x6 and get them printed out. Easy, no cutting and not that big. I'm not sure if it's helping but it's an idea!

Logged Logged

Nikon D7100, Nikon D80, 50mm 1.8, usual kit lenses, Tamron 28-75 2.8, SB-700 - PS CS5 - Lightroom 3.6 - Fujifilm X10
jennyf92
I use PS and do this all the time. I'm not sure if this feature is available in PSE, but maybe someone can chime in.

When you finish creating your invitation, open up a new file with the page dimensions you will be printing on. (Most likely 8.5 x 11.)

Go back to your invitation and link all of your layers together.

Then, at the top of the screen, click on Layer>New>Layer Set From Linked. Name your set or just hit enter and it names it Set 1. It sort of creates a folder with all your layers in it, so you can move and/or copy it as one unit.

Click on your set in the layers palette and drag it onto your new canvas.

Next you can copy it by clicking on the Layer Set in the layers palette and going up to the top and clicking on Layer>Duplicate Layer Set. Repeat this step as many times as is necessary and line up your invitations for printing and cutting.

HTH!

Logged Logged

Jen
My Blog
AmyJ
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
Ordinary Details Location: East Texas Hill Country
Somewhat like Jen's solution but a bit simpler and smaller in file size- You can also select a (Ctrl/Cmd A) and then go to Edit>Copy Merged (There's a shortcut but it's too many keys for me to remember). This will copy you're whole design though you can't make any edits. Then create a new document and choose paste however many times you desire.

I too often opt for regular print sizes for things like this. I've done announcements for my neices and nephews and typically do them in 5X7- then I scale them to 4X6 and have some of those printed. Then, I scale them to 2X3 and have those printed as well- so that the Mom and Dad have some to give out to folks they might encounter that aren't necessary "worthy" of a big one. (Worthy sounding terrible but you know what I mean- those folks that might not be as close to them etc- especially when you consider that they are much cheaper.)

I also like that I can have them professionally printed- saving me any printer frustrations and getting me a better quality color print.

If you want or need to go smaller than 4X6 you might consider something that you can cut down from 4X6 paper. I recently did a Rolodex project I can't share with you yet and did the three cards on 4X6 paper. I printed the cards at home and then just had the two cuts to make on each 4X6.

Logged Logged

keshipley1
Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try.

Katie

Logged Logged

Katie
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!