JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Silhouette Cameo - Aussies purchasing from America
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Silhouette Cameo - Aussies purchasing from America
diamantejules
"be prepared for your dreams - they can happen"
Runs with Crop Tool!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Silhouette Cameo - Aussies purchasing from America 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hello, I am going to purchase myself a new lovely toy - however, the price for Silhouette in Australia is approx. $450, whereas in US it is approx $260 + shipping another $80 approx. The saving whilst not huge is enough to consider purchasing from the US (and spending the difference on other special "must haves" - you know what I mean). My question is probably directed at other Aussies who have purchased from the US - there is a caution that you need to check the "power source" but I am sure that I could purchase an appropriate adaptor......is there anyone out there who can help me with this question. Thank you so much!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/31 01:59 By diamantejules. Reason: typo

CS6-CanonEOS400D-I LOVE MY MAC and my super new Samsung Galaxy EK-GC 100 camera - it is an absolute sweetheart
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
jowel
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
Re:Silhouette Cameo - Aussies purchasing from America 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
I did the same comparison and as usual I fail to understand why we aussies are always slugged when our $ is so good. Must have something to do with plain economics - supply vs demand. I truly hate it when its a download - i.e. adobe products.
However, I decided in the end to support local business and have local warranty/support etc. My choice but having a small business myself many moons ago I know how hard it can be. However, go for it if you can as it is a significant saving. I doubt the power supply will be an issue with a North American adaptor but I would ask the question here of our US owners what the voltage is.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/31 11:55 By jowel.

Jo-Anne
Nikon D7000 & V1
iMac, MacBook Pro, CS5, LR3, ACDSee, Wacom Bamboo
diamantejules
Runs with Crop Tool!
Thank you for your response Jo-anne - I do prefer to shop locally, but sometimes I am so surprised about the price variation. I will sit on my decision for a week or so - I actually would like to see the Silhouette in action and I have not found a supplier in my local area....should have checked it out at the Darling Harbour Craft Show, but did not think at the time, must have been too caught up in purchasing to actually consider "some research". Thanks again, I appreciate your thoughts.

Logged Logged

CS6-CanonEOS400D-I LOVE MY MAC and my super new Samsung Galaxy EK-GC 100 camera - it is an absolute sweetheart
jowel
Pity I'm not in Sydney - I'd invite you over for a look-see!

The possibilities for the silhouette are literally endless. I'm really lovin' it and I'm sure you will too.
Really worth the investment.......and know what you mean by saving money for other stuff! LOL

Logged Logged

Jo-Anne
Nikon D7000 & V1
diamantejules
Runs with Crop Tool!
Thankyou that is sweet! I am not in Sydney, actually live on the central coast. I just know that a silhouette is a must have item to add to my must have tools.....the more I think about it the more desperate the need to purchase. I just know that it will save me so much time!

Logged Logged

jowel
This is just in case you hadn't ordered yet - check out craftonline.com.au as I've noticed they are having a sale and the silhouette cameo has come down massively. Considering the exchange rate, so it should as this is now a realistic and competitive price. I think they also do free shipping at the moment so this would be a great time to buy locally and you'll get it heaps quicker too!

PS My brother lives at Greenpoint, just out of Gosford - beautiful part of the country.

Logged Logged

Jo-Anne
Nikon D7000 & V1
diamantejules
Runs with Crop Tool!
Oooh thanks so much, I will check it out today. I am at Forresters Beach...so not very far away at all - and it is a gorgeous part of the world. Thanks again for the tip!

Logged Logged

diamantejules
Runs with Crop Tool!
Hi Jo-Anne, can you tell me if I need to purchase the Designer Edition software if I wish to create my own designs. I cannot find a definitive answer on that - so perhaps you can shed some light for me.

thanks so much

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/08/21 04:19 By diamantejules. Reason: incorrect spelling of name

jowel
Well yes and no. Depends on what you wish to design. I haven't purchased the designer software yet - as I initially intended - because I'm finding the standard software more than adequate for my needs and I want to become proficient on that first. I have created cards, text designs, simple borders and simple elements. The store is chock full of stuff too if you want instant, like me, and time isn't plentiful. I signed up for a store subscription at $15 a month which I'm finding brilliant because it gives you $50 worth of products from the store. However, if you like designing then I would factor in the designer software but you can do it anytime to suit your budget! HTH

Logged Logged

Jo-Anne
Nikon D7000 & V1
diamantejules
Runs with Crop Tool!
Thanks so much Jo-Anne, this is really helpful, and you are so kind to answer my questions. Have a great day.

Logged Logged

Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!