This Old Photo: Restoring Vintage Snapshots
We all own boxes (or bags, or cartons, or albums) full of "vintage" photos - those precious pictures that pre-date digital cameras. In this self-paced, video-based class, Jessica shows you how to restore your vintage snaps to their original glory!
Product: This Old Photo: Restoring Vintage Snapshots
Ask a question about this product
Here are some quick details of the class:
- Course Type: Self-Paced
- Format: Screencast, Online, Live Webcast component
- Length: Two weeks
- Subject: Vintage photo restoration
- Instructor: Jessica Sprague
- Works for: Photoshop Elements 6-11 Photoshop CS2-6
- Mac and Windows? Both!
- Who's it for: Intermediate through advanced photo editors
Many of us focus on recording the current events in our lives - which is incredibly important. But we all own boxes, or albums of photos from the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s - or even earlier. You might be one of the truly lucky souls to inherit a box of photos of your ancestors. Often these photos have been the victims of poor storage, fading, color shift, stains, tears, scratches, dust, and the simple aging process. In this two-week, self-paced class, I'll walk you through the techniques for restoring your vintage photos to their former glory - and beyond!
- Recommended techniques for scanning old photos, slides, and negatives into digital format
- Strategies for organizing your digitized vintage photo collection
- Techniques for editing vintage black-and-white and sepia-toned photos to rebalance tones and ease the damage of age
- Techniques for early color photos (60s-70s) to correct color shifts and fading
- Techniques for fixing over- and under-exposure
- How to remove dust, scratches, stains, and even creases and folds
- When to use which of the Photoshop editing tools to solve specific issues
Class features include:
- Project-based video lessons to walk you through incredible techniques step-by-step
- You'll get access to our private class message board, where you can ask questions, or chat with other participants about anything you like
- You'll get access to our class image gallery, where you can upload your lesson layouts and get praise and feedback
- All of the videos you'll see and other course content you'll receive will be available FOREVER from your course home page at JessicaSprague.com. No expiration, even after the course ends!
Prerequisite: I strongly recommend that you begin your photo editing journey with the Photo Editing 1: Good-to-Great! class, which walks through basic photo editing techniques that cover all kinds of photos. This class then focuses on the specific issues relating to vintage photos, and the variety of solutions available.
There's no going back in time to re-shoot some of our most precious photographs, as damaged as they may be by age, exposure, or poor storage. But with the techniques you'll learn in this class, you can restore your vintage snapshots to their beautiful best. I can't wait to show you!
Want to try a FREE class to learn Photoshop as it's used for digital or "hybrid" scrapbooking? Check it out:
annalouise (Saturday, 23 July 2011)
With my sister passing away this year, I received a great deal of old photos of her, when she was young, and some of her wedding photos, this class
helped me restore her photos so I could make a awesome album of her for her children. great class I recommend it to all.rnThanks JessicarnAnna Louise