Here are some quick details of the class:
- Course Type: Self-Paced
- Format: Video, Online
- Length: Five Lessons, plus bonus lessons
- Subject: Basic, Global photo editing
- Instructor: Jessica Sprague
- Works for: Photoshop Elements 5-10, Photoshop CS1-6
- Mac and Windows? Both!
- Who's it for: Beginners and Intermediates
Photos are a HUGE part of our lives! I know you love taking photos, and I know you would love your photos to look their absolute best when you are using them to tell your stories in digital scrapbooks, paper scrapbooks, or online. I am so excited to offer this course in photo editing! Learning the techniques I teach in this class will give you a set of skills that will benefit you for the rest of your life. It'll change the way you think about photography and the entire photographic process, it'll boost your confidence, and it will bring those precious photographic memories to life!
This course, which is the first in a photo editing series, focuses on global editing - things you can apply to an entire photo. You'll learn ALL the basic photo editing techniques to take your photos straight from the camera through simple transformations that will have you (and your loved ones) saying WOW! You'll learn not only the RIGHT techniques, but also WHEN to use which technique in your arsenal. Even if you're a self-taught photo editor, I've got some amazing tricks you'll love, in the context of a workflow that will have you editing smarter, faster, and better than ever before.
Just check out the sample photos for this class - each of these uses ONLY the techniques I teach in this course. In five detailed lessons I'll reveal all the secrets - simple improvements that make a dramatic difference, and how to combine the techniques that you'll learn, in order to make the RIGHT changes to your photos. You will be amazed when you can take your GOOD photos and make them GREAT!
In short, I'll show you how to make your photos make your heart sing. And what better gift can you give yourself than that?
What You'll Learn
This five-lesson class covers these topics:
Lesson 1: EXPOSURE, BRIGHTNESS, and CONTRAST - Photoshop
In this lesson you'll learn how to properly expose your photo (your second chance at exposure if you didn't get it right in-camera), and add in some beautiful high contrast by enhancing the brights, midtones, and darks in your photos.
Lesson 2: EXPOSURE, BRIGHTNESS, and CONTRAST - Adobe Camera Raw
Now that you have experienced the editing process in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, I'll show you another way to accomplish the same tasks in a single awesome interface! You can use the wonderful (FREE!) Adobe Camera Raw plug-in (included in Photoshop and Photosohp Elements) to edit .jpg images in Photoshop Elements 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, and in Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5, and CS6. You will be amazed at how this slider-based interface simplifies the editing process, while adding flexibility and FUN to your workflow. I know you'll love it as much as I do - I use it all the time!
Lesson 3: COLORS and TINTS
In this lesson you'll learn the secrets of great black and white conversion, by learning TWO different methods and when to use each. Plus, you'll learn a quick method for adding in a sepia tone and a tint to any photo!
Lesson 4: SIZING and ROTATING
In this lesson, you'll learn how to resize your photos to a specific size, both for printing and for sharing on the web. I'll demistify resolution (72? 300? pixels? what?), and I'll also show you how to rotate and flip a photo in a single step.
Lesson 5: SHARPEN and SAVE
In this lesson, you'll learn my recipes for great sharpening, as well as why sharpening is always the last step in an editing workflow. I'll show you how to save a photo for print and for the web, and provide tips for getting great, dependable color online, and in print.
You'll learn from great bonus material including tutorials for:
- Photo management
- Color management
- Creative cropping
- Noise reduction
- Sizing files for digital pages and collages (cropping-without-cropping)
- How to make a before-and-after image to display your edits
The techniques I teach in this class work for Photoshop Elements 5-10, and Photoshop CS2-6.
HOWEVER, because of Adobe's support with the Camera Raw plugin, if you are editing JPG photos, Lesson 2 (JPG editing in the RAW editor) will only work for Elements 6-10 and CS3-6. Mac or Windows is fine!
Let's summarize some of the features of our class:
Ask a question about this product
- I'll walk you through FIVE video lessons, and show you how and when to use the Photoshop tools, palettes, and dialog boxes that are designed to help make your photos better. Each video lesson is divided into bite-size, doable tasks that will have you editing pics like a pro in no time!
- My step-by-step video lessons let you see and hear the techniques, at an easy-to-understand pace, with techniques that build on one another. You can stop, rewind, and restart the videos as many times as you need to.
- You'll receive instructional videos in both Photoshop Elements AND the full version of Photoshop, so if you ever decide to upgrade, you'll automatically have the class for your version!
- You'll get a a set of sample photos - the same ones I use in the videos - to follow along with the techniques before you practice on your own pictures. You can see what I'm doing and why, and then apply these techniques in your own work. Using sample photos is a great way to get the same results that I do!
- Assignments and Self-check exercises will have you speeding through these techniques in no time, KNOWING that you're really learning the material.
- Bonus tutorials put the life of a photo editor into perspective with advice and information on topics like photo management, color management, cropping, noise reduction and MORE!
- If you have questions during your class, our warm and friendly community on the private Photo Editing message board is ready and eager to help! You'll have access to the message board forever!
- You'll get INSTANT ACCESS to the entire course.
- All of the videos you'll see will be available forever from your course home page at JessicaSprague.com. No expiration, EVER.
To register for this SELF-PACED class, simply click the Add to Cart button at the top of your screen. After you check out, you'll receive INSTANT ACCESS to the entire course, which will be available to you forever from your Course Home Page using the My Classes link at the top of your screen right here at JessicaSprague.com.
Click to see our FAQ page about the classes at JessicaSprague.com.If you have questions, click the Ask a Question link and shoot us an email! We're always here to help!
Want to try a FREE class to learn Photoshop as it's used for digital or "hybrid" scrapbooking? Check it out: