The next session of this class will be April 22-May 20, 2013.
Registration will open April 8, 2013, 9 PM EST. Class size is limited!
- Course Type: Instructor-led
- Format: Video, Online
- Length: Four weeks
- Subject: Portrait Photography
- Instructor: Candice Stringham
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Prerequisite: Oh Shoot! Photography class
Because Candice wishes to deliver individualized and personalized instruction for each student, the course class size will be very limited. You can click the notify me link above to be sent an email when registration opens again.
We know that the people we love (yes, the same ones that we lovingly create layouts about) are special, unique, and wonderful. We know that when we click our shutters, we want to capture their awesome personality and appearance and let these shine through the photos we shoot. Now if only we knew exactly how to work our cameras so that when that precious moment arises, we are able to capture what we see in front of us, express how it moves us, and preserve it forever on a photograph.
Enter Photographing People: Portraiture 101 with Candice Stringham! For four intensive weeks, join Candice as she leads you on a journey towards taking better photos of your family and friends.
Here is a quick run-through of what to expect from the course:
- In the first week, you’ll learn about the basic elements of portraits so that you can maximize this knowledge to its fullest potential each time you photograph your loved ones.
- In the second week, you’ll learn how to shoot portraits with natural light.
- In the third week, you’ll be given tips and techniques for photographing subjects from different age groups, including how to ensure that your subjects are comfortable and natural, how to pose them, and how to look for the best locations to shoot in.
- In the fourth week, you’ll learn how to photograph couples, families, and group portraits.
Throughout the 4 weeks of the course you’ll receive:
- step-by-step video tutorials that will allow you to see and hear the techniques as you learn. These videos will be available forever from your course homepage at jessicasprague.com, even after the course ends.
- a comprehensive lesson and assignment for each week
- an email from Candice 5 days a week for all four weeks, with encouragement, coupons, and inspiration
- access to a private class message board where you can ask questions and chat with other participants about portrait photography as well as everything under the sun
- a weekly live-chat session so Candice can answer questions about the lesson and assignment
- access to the class image gallery, where you can upload your lesson photographs and get praise and feedback from other students
Plus! Three of the weeks you will turn in photographs that will be personally critiqued by the instructor!
Because this is an intermediate photography class, you should have already taken the Oh Shoot! Photography class, or have a working knowledge of how to use your camera on manual mode.
About the Instructor
Candice Stringham is an editorial photographer turned scrapbooker. She is a former Contributing Editor for Creating Keepsakes Magazine and was inducted into the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame in 2006. Candice Has a BFA in Photography and taught at a collegiate level after she graduated. She has also been teaching live workshops for Canon for the past few years. She is excited to be teaching at Jessica's website because helping people learn how to use their cameras is one of her greatest joys! Adventurous, but down-to-earth, Candice loves to read, watch old movies and musicals, read anything Jane Austen and create fun projects and traditions with her family. She recently moved from Brooklyn, NY to San Antonio, Texas with her three sons and husband.
Blog - www.candicestringham.typepad.com
NOTE: Because Candice wants to personalize the instruction for this course, class size is very limited.
Ask a question about this product
Want to try a FREE class to learn Photoshop as it's used for digital or "hybrid" scrapbooking? Check it out: