RETIRING DECEMBER 31st!!
- Course Type: Self-Paced
- Format: Video, Online
- Length: Paced to be Four weeks
- Subject: Portrait Photography
- Instructor: Candice Stringham
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Prerequisite: Oh Shoot! Photography class
We know that the people we love (yes, the same ones that we lovingly create layouts about) are special, unique, and wonderful. We know that when we click our shutters, we want to capture their awesome personality and appearance and let these shine through the photos we shoot. Now if only we knew exactly how to work our cameras so that when that precious moment arises, we are able to capture what we see in front of us, express how it moves us, and preserve it forever on a photograph.
Enter Photographing People: Portraiture 101 with Candice Stringham! For this self-paced, four intensive week class, join Candice as she leads you on a journey towards taking better photos of your family and friends.
Here is a quick run-through of what to expect from the course:
- In the first lesson, you’ll learn about the basic elements of portraits so that you can maximize this knowledge to its fullest potential each time you photograph your loved ones.
- In the second lesson, you’ll learn how to shoot portraits with natural light.
- In the third lesson, you’ll be given tips and techniques for photographing subjects from different age groups, including how to ensure that your subjects are comfortable and natural, how to pose them, and how to look for the best locations to shoot in.
- In the fourth lesson, you’ll learn how to photograph couples, families, and group portraits.
In this Self-paced course you’ll receive:
- step-by-step video tutorials that will allow you to see and hear the techniques as you learn. These videos will be available forever from your course homepage at jessicasprague.com, even after the course ends.
- a comprehensive lesson and assignment for each week (The self-paced version of this class provides INSTANT access to all class material)
Because this is an intermediate photography class, you should have already taken the Oh Shoot! Photography class, or have a working knowledge of how to use your camera on manual mode.
About the Instructor
Candice Stringham is an editorial photographer turned scrapbooker. She is a former Contributing Editor for Creating Keepsakes Magazine and was inducted into the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame in 2006. Candice Has a BFA in Photography and taught at a collegiate level after she graduated. She has also been teaching live workshops for Canon for the past few years. She is excited to be teaching at Jessica's website because helping people learn how to use their cameras is one of her greatest joys! Adventurous, but down-to-earth, Candice loves to read, watch old movies and musicals, read anything Jane Austen and create fun projects and traditions with her family. She recently moved from Brooklyn, NY to San Antonio, Texas with her three sons and husband.
Ask a question about this product
Blog - www.candicestringham.typepad.com
Want to try a FREE class to learn Photoshop as it's used for digital or "hybrid" scrapbooking? Check it out: